Historic Preservation Commission
Current Commission Members
Penn French , Chair
Jane Blatchford, Student Commissioner
Intent & Purpose
The Glen Ellyn Historic Preservation Commission seeks to preserve the Village’s rich historic character. The Commission achieves this by providing a plethora of resources and programs while educating the community about the importance of preservation. Specifically, the Commission offers opportunities to landmark a historically significant property, considers alteration applications for landmark provides guidelines for historic preservation, and hosts the annual historic preservation awards. Historic Preservation Committee meetings are open to the public and all are encouraged to attend and contribute
- To encourage the rehabilitation and utilization of structures, places and works of art having a special historical, architectural or aesthetic value or interest to the community.
- To identify those buildings and such worthy of designation as official Glen Ellyn landmarks, to hold hearings and to recommend that the Village Board effect those designations by ordinance.
- To aid in the continuing preservation of Stacy’s Tavern Museum.
The Historic Preservation Commission meets the 3rd Thursday of the month at 7:00 PM at the Glen Ellyn Civic Center.
Agendas & Minutes
To view current and past agendas and minutes for the Village's Boards & Commissions, please visit here.
To apply to serve on one of the Village's Boards & Commissioners, visit here.
Historic Preservation Commission Documents
- Additional Information on Landmarking your Property
- Application for Exterior Alteration of Landmarked Property Fillable (PDF)
- Chapter 13 Historic Preservation Commission (PDF)
- Commission Review Requirements Work on Landmarked Homes (PDF)
- Historic Preservation Commission Brochure
- Historic Preservation Maintenance and Alteration Guidelines (PDF)
- Landmark Nomination Form (PDF)
Please see our maps page for a map of Historic Landmark Homes, Historical Districts and Historically Significant Homes. Each of these individual maps can be located by clicking the "layers" drop down menu located in the upper right corner of the page.