Recruiting and Testing
The Glen Ellyn Police Department is now accepting applications for entry level police officers through August 5, 2019.
To apply or to learn more about the application process, click here.
Click here to sign up for future recruiting and testing notification.
The Glen Ellyn Police Department employs men and women who are dedicated to providing professional law enforcement services to the community. Employees in both civilian and sworn positions are required to maintain the highest standards of integrity and character. The Village encourages anyone who is interested in joining the Police Department as a full or part-time employee to take the time to become acquainted with the community and the members of the Police Department. The process of hiring police officers for the Village of Glen Ellyn is the responsibility of the Glen Ellyn Fire and Police Commission.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements to Test
- U.S. citizenship
- No felony convictions
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Valid driver’s license
- At least 20 years of age at the time of examination
- Must be 21 years of age at time of appointment
- Must be under 35 years of age at time of employment, unless otherwise exempt by Illinois State Statute
Application and Testing process
- Complete the required online application
- Pay the non-refundable application fee
- Provide copies of the following documents to the test administrator prior to the exam:
- Copy of High school diploma or GED
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record
- Provide proof of an Illinois P.O.W.E.R. card on the date of the exam
- Attend a mandatory orientation on the date of the written exam
- An employment offer will be contingent upon the candidate successfully passing a thorough background investigation, an oral interview before the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners, polygraph examination and psychological and medical examination.
- Newly appointed officers will attend the Police Training Institute (PTI) and the University of Illinois. Candidates must pass the P.O.W.E.R. test at PTI to continue the required training.
The Village of Glen Ellyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer